Ordering Information - Dried Goods
We offer multiple weights. Please add the weight per 100g unit and then increase the quantity if you would like more using the quantity drop down box ( i.e 5 x 100g=500g). All dried goods are supplied in our compostable paper bags.
Mung beans are small green beans that belong to the legume family. They are slightly sweeter compared to other beans and versatile. Enjoy as a key ingredient for Buddha bowls, in soups and stews or scattered on salads.
Our organic mung beans are completely natural and organic and once cooked can be enjoyed hot or cold. Mung beans are one of the best sources of vegan protein and essential amino acids including phenylalanine and leucine.
Many people enjoy mung beans as part of a healthy, balanced diet to contribute to reduce cholesterol and high blood pressure. This is because they are rich in fibre, magnesium and potassium, which have many health benefits associated with them.
- 100% organic
- Rich in vegan protein
- Good source of fibre
- Contains essential vitamins including B vitamins
- Contains essential minerals including folate and manganese
- Once cooked can be enjoyed hot or cold
How to prepare
- Soak for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Rinse, add to a pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and serve.
Ways to use mung beans
- Sprinkle on salads
- Add to stir fries for a good source of vegan protein
- Add to Buddha bowls along with brown rice or quinoa, mushrooms and kale
- Scatter in to vegetable stews and chunky soups
- Try sprouting mung beans and add the sprouts to salad
Please Note: we advise that your dried goods from our Refill Pantry are transferred into an airtight container on the day of purchase to retain freshness.
Cross Contamination & Allergens Notice
Every effort is made to minimise the risk of cross contamination, but due to the nature of loose food items, we cannot guarantee that cross contamination does not occur. We recommend that our products are not suitable for those with severe allergies. Sorry for any inconvenience The following potential allergens may have come in to contact with this product: Gluten, Wheat, Nuts, Soya, Milk, Tree Nuts, Sesame Seeds, Mustard, Sulphur Dioxide.